Marisol International, an Ascent Global Logistics Company, is proud to support a number of the top furniture brands in the United States. Each year, Furniture Today releases a list of the top U.S. furniture store chains and our team enjoys watching the number of companies which we partner with expand.
How does Marisol International support furniture companies?
- International Freight Forwarding
- Door to Door Global Cargo Transportation
- Customs Brokerage
- Origin and Destination Customs Clearance
- Cargo Insurance
- Financial protection from General Average
- Customs Bonds
- Single Entry and Continuous Bonds
- Inland Delivery
- Truck, Rail and Barge Transportation
Marisol International has an entire team of dedicated and experienced customs brokerage specialists which focus solely on furniture imports.
With decades of combined experience, our logistics experts understand the intricate details involved when importing furniture products.
Our Licensed Customs Brokers (LCBs) are well versed in knowing the questions to ask in order to help clients maintain compliance:
- What is the Country of Origin?
- Is it man made or natural fibers?
- What is the thread count per centimeter?
- Is it colored or bleached?
- Is it printed, twill, knit or yarn?
- Wood Products
- Does the Lacey Act apply?
- TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act)
- Is glue, adhesive or epoxy included in the product?
The proper HTS (Harmonized Tariff System) classification can save companies thousands of dollars. Marisol's team helps clients accurately estimate duty rates on new products by managing the process of obtaining a binded customs ruling. Our team works with clients to submit a sample of the product to Customs and Border Protection (CBP). CBP then reviews and provides HTS advice for the product. This process produces formal classification records with customs, allowing clients to accurately estimate duties and taxes prior to importation.
Our compliance team also supports furniture importers through continuous monitoring of import regulations. Additionally, Marisol publishes a weekly newsletter to help inform clients of upcoming regulatory changes to ensure sourcing decisions are made with intelligence.
Contact us today to learn more about our furniture import expertise.